I am a privacy advocate and, as I’m font of my own privacy, I do respect yours. This means that I’ve gone through great length to prevent any tracking links and third-party cookies on my weblog. For this reason you won’t see a cookie banner on this site. I did this by:
- Making local copies of fonts retrieved from Google that the used Hugo template referred to.
- Excluding any site analytics, such as Google Analytics.
- Refraining from using any tracking pixels and share buttons from Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn.
- Refraining from using any third-party commenting systems, e.g. Disqus.
- All outwards pointing links are marked with noreferrer, instructing your browser to send no referrer information to the destination website.
Due to the static nature of this website, no cookies or other information are persisted on your computer by this website. You are in a happy place.
Please be aware that this website is hosted on GitHub pages (by storing the static HTML in this repository). Furthermore, my blog posts dynamically load their comments from GitHub by making use of its API. This means that your browser is in fact communicating with the GitHub servers. GitHub may collect Technical Information including logs of IP addresses, to maintain the security and integrity of the website and service.